The CVE-400-2 Engineering a Citrix® Virtualization Solution course teaches Citrix engineers how to plan for and perform the tasks necessary to successfully integrate the component technologies that make up a Citrix virtualization solution in a Windows Server 2008 environment.
Upon course completion, students will be able to interpret environmental assessment documentation, plan for a virtualization solution project and integrate key Citrix virtualization technologies, including XenAppTM, XenServerTM, and XenDesktopTM, to create a holistic, end-to-end virtualization solution that will address the most pressing business issues of the day. The extensive, highly hands-on curriculum includes exercises that allow students to demonstrate the advanced technical knowledge gained from the course. This is a five-day boot camp.
The following preparatory recommendations describe the experience and knowledge students should possess to ensure successful completion of this course.
Experience using the following Citrix products:
• Citrix XenApp 4.5 or higher
• Citrix XenServer 5.0 or higher
• Citrix XenDesktop 2.0 or higher
• Citrix Provisioning Services 5.0 or higher
• Citrix EdgeSight for Load Testing 3.0
• Citrix EdgeSight for Endpoints 5.0
• Citrix EdgeSight for XenApp 5.0
• Experience using Windows Server 2008, including:
• Active Directory
• Terminal Services
• Performance Monitoring
• Base OS, including server roles
• Group Policy Objects
• Experience using Microsoft SQL Server
Completion of the following courses or demonstrate equivalent knowledge:
• Implementing Citrix XenApp 5.0 for Windows Server 2008 - CXS-200-1
• Implementing Citrix XenServer Enterprise Edition 5.0
• Implementing Citrix XenDesktop 3
• Advanced Administration for Citrix XenApp 5.0 for Windows Server 2008