In this Citrix XenServer 6 training course, students will learn skills necessary to configure and administer XenServer 6, XenCenter, and Provisioning Services 6. This is a five-day boot camp.
In this course, students are provided the foundational knowledge necessary to effectively install, configure, administer, and troubleshoot XenServer 6.0 and Provisioning Services 6.0. Students will have the opportunity to apply that foundational knowledge through the use of hands-on labs. The labs will guide students through configuring and managing a XenServer host, creating and managing Windows virtual machines and the resource pools in which they will be placed, as well as configuring the Distributed Virtual Switch (DVS) and Workload Balancing (WLB). Students will also be able to gain hands-on experience configuring a Provisioning Services host, and creating and managing vDisks.
In the Citrix XenServer 6.0 classroom training course, students are provided the foundation necessary to effectively install, configure, administer, and troubleshoot XenServer 6.0. Students will also learn how to configure a Provisioning Services host, and create and manage vDisks in a XenServer environment. Through the use of hands-on labs, students will acquire the skills needed to configure the Distributed Virtual Switch (DVS) as well as Workload Balancing (WLB). Students will also create and manage Windows virtual machines and the resource pools in which they will be placed.
In this course, students will learn the skills necessary to configure and administer XenServer 6.0, XenCenter, and Provisioning Services 6.0. Through hands-on labs, students will gain experience with:
• Installing and Implementing XenServer
• Creating and Managing Networks
• Configuring Storage
• Managing and Maintaining Virtual Machines
• Installing and Configuring Provisioning Services
• Managing vDisks and Target Devices
• Implementing Resource Pools
• Implementing the Distributed Virtual Switch (DVS)
• Implementing Workload Balancing (WLB)
• Configuring High Availability
• Managing and Troubleshooting XenServer
This course prepares learners for Exam A26 Citrix Xen Server 6.0 Administration, a requirement for the CCA for Citrix XenServer 6.
This course is designed for IT professionals, Administrators, Architects, Systems Engineers.
Prior to taking this course, Citrix recommends that learners possess the following:
• A basic overall knowledge of virtualization technology
• An understanding of computing architecture, including network and storage devices, device drivers and operating systems
• Basic experience installing and administering Microsoft Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008
• Basic experience installing and administering Linux variants
• Intermediate knowledge of network devices and site architecture, including configuring VLANs
• Basic knowledge of storage terminology and techniques, including partitions, SANs, LUNs, iSCSI, NFS, and CIFS file shares