Solaris ZFS offers a dramatic advance in data management, with an innovative approach to data integrity, tremendous performance improvements, and a welcome integration of file system and volume management capabilities using storage pools. This is a three-day boot camp.
Learn how to set up, configure, administer and manage this file system with classroom discussion followed by in-depth, detailed lab exercises.
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Identify ZFS hardware, software, and storage requirements
- Install and Boot a Root File System
- Manage ZFS storage pools
- Manage ZFS file systems
- Manage ZFS snapshots and clones
- Describe ZFS volumes
- Use ZFS with Solaris Zones
- Describe ZFS troubleshooting and data recovery
- Use ACLs to protect ZFS files
- Delegate ZFS permissions
To succeed fully in this course, students should be able to administer the Solaris 10 Operating System.