This hands-on training workshop provides you with the advanced knowledge, skills, and abilities to achieve competence in troubleshooting the VMware vSphere 6 environment. This workshop increases your skill and competence in using the command-line interface, VMware vSphere Web Client, VMware vRealize Log lnsight, and other tools to analyze and solve problems.
This workshop is based on VMware ESXi 6 and VMware vCenter Server 6.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
• Use vSphere Web Client, the command-line interface, and logs to diagnose and resolve problems in the
• Introduce troubleshooting principles and procedures
• Troubleshoot networking issues and recover from these issues
• Analyze storage failure scenarios and resolve the issues
• Troubleshoot vSphere cluster failure scenarios and analyze possible causes
• Diagnose common VMware vSphere® High Availability issues and provide solutions
• Troubleshoot problems related to virtual machine migration (VMware vSphere® vMotion®) and improve
resource use (VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™)
• Troubleshoot vCenter Server issues
• Identify ESXi host issues, analyze failure scenarios, and correct them
• Troubleshoot faulty virtual machines, including installation issues, snapshot issues, connection issues, and
Required prerequisites include completion of one of the following:
• VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV)
• VMware vSphere: Fast Track [V6]
• VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale [V6]
• Equivalent knowledge and administration experience with ESXi and vCenter Server
Experience in working with a command-line interface is highly recommended.