MCSA SQL SERVER Database Development Boot Camp
The Academy of South Florida offers the fastest, most effective method to learn the industry-standard, fundamental features of Microsoft SQL Server that have made Microsoft's premiere database solution a worldwide leader in data-driven business and application infrastructure.
With this SQL Server 2016 boot camp, you will gain valuable insight into the new, powerful capabilities that SQL Server 2016 adds to a database developer and administrator's solutions tool box.
MCSA: SQL Server Database Administration certification covers everything from designing, installing, configuring, and maintaining a Microsoft Database environment, to implementing and troubleshooting database objects. This program covers all material and exams necessary to achieve an MCSA in Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Database Administration.
This 5-day boot camp is a combination of the following official Microsoft courses:
• 20761A: Querying Data with Transact SQL
• 20762A: Developing SQL Databases
This course provides students with the technical skills required to write basic Transact-SQL queries for Microsoft SQL Server 2016. This course is the foundation for all SQL Server-related disciplines; namely, Database Administration, Database Development and Business Intelligence. This course helps people prepare for exam 70-761. This course provides students with the knowledge and skills to maintain a Microsoft SQL Server 2016 database. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server 2016 product features and tools related to maintaining a database. Also this course helps you prepare for the Exam 70-762. Database Developing and warehousing is a solution organizations use to centralize business data for reporting and analysis. This instructor-led course focuses on teaching individuals how to create a data warehouse with SQL Server 2016, implement ETL with SQL Server Integration Services, and validate and cleanse data with SQL Server Data Quality Services and SQL Server Master Data Services.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Write SELECT queries
• Query multiple tables
• Use built-in functions
• Use subqueries
• Execute stored procedures
• Use set operators
• Implement error handling
• Implement transactions
• Use table expressions
• Sort and filter data
• Use window ranking, offset and aggregate functions
• Query SQL Server metadata
• Program with T-SQL
• Improve query performance
• Plan and install SQL Server.
• Describes the system databases, the physical structure of databases and the most common configuration options related to them.
• Explain the concept of the transaction log and SQL Server recovery models and implement different backup strategies available with SQL Server.
• Create SQL Server Backups.
• Restore SQL Server databases.
• Use the import/export wizards and explain how they relate to SSIS.
• Work with SQL Server security models, logins and users.
• Work with fixed server roles, user-defined server roles, fixed database roles and user-defined database roles.
• Work with permissions and the assignment of permissions.
• Work with SQL Server Audit.
• Work with SQL Server Agent, jobs and job history.
• Implement SQL Server agent security, proxy accounts and credentials.
• Configure database mail, alerts and notifications.
• Create database maintenance plans.
• Work with SQL Profiler and SQL Trace stored procedures.
• Introduce DMVs and the configuration of data collection.
• Work with Central Management Servers and Multi-Server queries, Virtualization of SQL Server and Data-Tier Applications.
• Troubleshoot SQL Server databases.
Students should have at least two years of experience in the IT field and should already have the following technical knowledge:
• Networking fundamentals, including Transmission Control Protocol /Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS)
• Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles
• Windows Server 2012 R2 fundamentals
Microsoft Windows Client essentials; for example, working knowledge of Windows 7 and/or Windows 8.