This course equips students with the skills they require to configure and deploy a cloud using Microsoft System Center 2012 R2. Using hands-on labs, students learn the following:
· Produce a high-level design that accounts for requirements for cloud environments.
· Configure and deploy the cloud fabric.
· Configure a PXE server, an update server, and a software update baseline.
· Configure Microsoft Server Application Virtualization (App-V) so that it can be used to sequence and deploy an application virtually.
· Build the core components necessary for delivering services on the fabric.
· Allocate resources to a cloud and grant access to a cloud.
· Understand how to monitor clouds using Operations Manager.
· Understand the tools necessary to extend and customize Operations Manager for cloud environments.
· Set up, configure, and integrate the core components of Service Manager into a cloud fabric.
· Configure a service catalog, and then publish it to the Self-Service Portal.
· Gain the knowledge necessary to deploy and configure Data Protection Manager in a cloud.
· Deploy and configure Orchestrator in a cloud, and then integrate it with other System Center components.
This course is intended for cloud administrators who will be responsible for designing, installing and configuring a cloud infrastructure.
At course completion
After completing this course students will be able to:
· Plan for a Hybrid Cloud
· Configure and deploy a Private Cloud with Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager
· Extend and maintain the Cloud infrastructure
· Configure application delivery for a cloud
· Create Private Cloud building blocks
· Deploy and access private clouds
· Monitor the Cloud infrastructure
· Extend and customize monitoring of the Cloud infrastructure
· Implement Service Management for the Cloud
· Configure High Availability, Disaster Recovery and Protection for a Cloud
· Automate and standardize the Cloud
· Configure a multi-tenant Cloud