About this course
The focus of this three-day instructor-led course is on planning and implementing enterprise database infrastructure solutions by using SQL Server 2014 and other Microsoft technologies. It describes how to consolidate SQL Server workloads and how to plan and implement high availability and disaster recovery solutions.
Note: This course is designed for customers who are interested in learning SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014. It covers the new features in SQL Server 2014, but also the important capabilities across the SQL Server data platform.
This course is intended for database professionals who need who plan, implement, and manage database solutions. Primary responsibilities include:
· Planning and implementing database infrastructure.
· Planning and implementing consolidation strategies.
· Planning and implementing high availability solutions.
· Planning and implementing disaster recovery solutions.
At course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
· Assess an existing enterprise environment.
· Plan and implement Policy-Based Management.
· Describe the considerations for consolidating workloads with SQL Server 2014.
· Describe considerations for including SQL Server 2014 in a private cloud.
This course requires that you meet the following prerequisites:
· At least 2 years’ experience of working with relational databases, including:
· Planning and implementing databases
· Managing databases
· Querying with Transact-SQL
· Some basic knowledge of high availability and disaster recovery