This three-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to provision a Microsoft SQL Server 2016 database. The course covers SQL Server 2016 provision both on-premise and in Azure, and covers installing from new and migrating from an existing install.
The primary audience for this course is individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases. These individuals perform database administration and maintenance as their primary area of responsibility, or work in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job.
The secondary audiences for this course are individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Provision a Database Server
• Upgrade SQL Server
• Configure SQL Server
• Manage Databases and Files (shared)
This course requires that you meet the following prerequisites:
• Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
• Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
• Working knowledge of relational databases.
• Some experience with database design
These prerequisites can be achieved by attending course 20761A – Querying Data with Transact-SQL.