This three-day instructor-led course provides students moving from earlier releases of SQL Server with an introduction to the new features in SQL Server 2016.
The primary audience for this course are existing database professionals with experience of SQL Server 2014 who want to update their skills to SQL Server 2016. Additional this course is for existing SQL Server 2014 MCSAs who want to prepare for the Upgrade exam for SQL Server 2016 certification.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Describe key capabilities and components of SQL Server 2016
• Describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server performance
• Describes new and enhanced features in SQL Server security
• Describe what’s new in SQL Server Availability and Scalability
• Describe new and enhanced features in reporting and PowerBI in SQL Server 2016
• Describe new and enhanced data access features
• Describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server OLAP
• Describe new SQL Server cloud functionality
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
• Experience of building and managing database, data warehouse, and business intelligence (BI) solutions with SQL Server 2014.
• Familiarity with the Windows Server 2012 R2 operating system and networking.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013.