About this course
This course describes how to implement a data warehouse platform to support a BI solution. Students will learn how to create a data warehouse with Microsoft® SQL Server® 2014, implement ETL with SQL Server Integration Services, and validate and cleanse data with SQL Server Data Quality Services and SQL Server Master Data Services.
Note: This course is designed for customers who are interested in learning SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014. It covers the new features in SQL Server 2014, but also the important capabilities across the SQL Server data platform.
This course is intended for database professionals who need to fulfil a Business Intelligence Developer role. They will need to focus on hands-on work creating BI solutions including Data Warehouse implementation, ETL, and data cleansing. Primary responsibilities include:
At course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
Describe how BI solutions can consume data from the data warehouse
This course requires that you meet the following prerequisites:
At least 2 years’ experience of working with relational databases, including:
• Designing a normalized database.
• Creating tables and relationships.
• Querying with Transact-SQL.
• Some exposure to basic programming constructs (such as looping and branching).
• An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable.