This 5-day instructor-led course describes how to implement a BI platform to support information worker analytics. Students will learn how to create a data warehouse with SQL Server 2012, implement ETL with SQL Server Integration Services, and validate and cleanse data with SQL Server Data Quality Services and SQL Server Master Data Services. This course helps people prepare for the exam 70-463.
Data warehousing is a solution organizations use to centralize business data for reporting and analysis. This five-day instructor-led course focuses on teaching individuals how to create a data warehouse with SQL Server 2012, implement ETL with SQL Server Integration Services, and validate and cleanse data with SQL Server Data Quality Services and SQL Server Master Data Services. This course helps people prepare for exam 70-463.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Describe data warehouse concepts and architecture considerations.
• Select an appropriate hardware platform for a data warehouse.
• Design and implement a data warehouse.
• Implement Data Flow in an SSIS Package.
• Implement Control Flow in an SSIS Package.
• Debug and Troubleshoot SSIS packages.
• Implement an SSIS solution that supports incremental data warehouse loads and changing data.
• Integrate cloud data into a data warehouse ecosystem infrastructure.
• Implement data cleansing by using Microsoft Data Quality Services.
• Implement Master Data Services to enforce data integrity.
• Extend SSIS with custom scripts and components.
• Deploy and Configure SSIS packages.
• Describe how information workers can consume data from the data warehouse.
Microsoft Course 10777A
Before attending this course, student should have:
At least 2 years’ experience of working with relational databases, including:
Designing a normalized database.
Creating tables and relationships.
Querying with Transact-SQL.
Some exposure to basic programming constructs (such as looping and branching).
An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable.