This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to maintain a Microsoft SQL Server 2012 database. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server 2012 product features and tools related to maintaining a database. Also this course helps you prepare for the Exam 70-462
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Plan and install SQL Server.
• Describes the system databases, the physical structure of databases and the most common configuration options related to them.
• Explain the concept of the transaction log and SQL Server recovery models and implement different backup strategies available with SQL Server.
• Create SQL Server Backups.
• Restore SQL Server databases.
• Use the import/export wizards and explain how they relate to SSIS.
• Work with SQL Server security models, logins and users.
• Work with fixed server roles, user-defined server roles, fixed database roles and user-defined database roles.
• Work with permissions and the assignment of permissions.
• Work with SQL Server Audit.
• Work with SQL Server Agent, jobs and job history.
• Implement SQL Server agent security, proxy accounts and credentials.
• Configure database mail, alerts and notifications.
• Create database maintenance plans.
• Work with SQL Profiler and SQL Trace stored procedures.
• Introduce DMVs and the configuration of data collection.
• Work with Central Management Servers and Multi-Server queries, Virtualization of SQL Server and Data-Tier Applications.
• Troubleshoot SQL Server databases.
Microsoft Course 10775A
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
• Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
• Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
• Working knowledge of relational databases.
• Some experience with database design.