The ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Release, Control and Validation (RCV) Certificate is a free-standing qualification, but is also part of the ITIL Intermediate Capability stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management. The purpose of this training module and the associated exam and certificate is, respectively, to impart, test, and validate the knowledge on industry practices in service management as documented in the ITIL Service Lifecycle core publications. This is a five-day boot camp.
• IT professionals
• Business managers
• Business process owners
• Individuals who require a deep understanding of the ITIL Certificate in the Release, Control and
Validation processes and of how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support
within an organization.
• IT professionals that are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL, and
who need to be informed about, and thereafter contribute to, an ongoing service improvement
• Operational staff involved in change management, release and deployment management,
service validation and testing, service asset and configuration management, request fulfillment,
change evaluation and knowledge management, and who wish to enhance their role-based
• Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and
wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications
• Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management for which this
qualification can be one of the prerequisite modules
• Individuals seeking progress toward the ITIL Master Certificate in IT Service Management for
which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite.