Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (IINS) v2.0 is a 5-day instructor-led course that is presented by Cisco Training Partners to end users and channel partner customers. The content focuses on the design, implementation, and monitoring of a comprehensive security policy, using Cisco IOS security features and technologies as examples. The course covers security controls of Cisco IOS devices as well as a functional introduction to the Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA). Using instructor-led discussion, lecture, and hands-on lab exercises, this course allows learners to perform basic tasks to secure a small branch office network using Cisco IOS security features available through web-based GUIs (Cisco Configuration Professional) and the CLI on Cisco routers, switches, and ASAs.
This accelerated course focuses on the necessity of a comprehensive security policy and how it affects the posture of the network. Learners will be able to perform basic tasks to secure a small branch type office network using Cisco IOS security features available through web-based GUIs (Cisco Router and Security Device Manager [SDM]) and the command-line interface (CLI) on the Cisco routers and switches.
The CCNA Security certification lays the foundation for job roles such as Network Security Specialist, Security Administrator and Network Security Support Engineer. It is the first step for individuals wishing to obtain their CCNP Security certification.
• 640-554 IINS: Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
• Describe the components of a comprehensive network security policy that can be used to counter threats against IT systems, within the context of a security policy lifecycle.
• Develop and implement security countermeasures that are aimed at protecting network elements as part of the network infrastructure.
• Deploy and maintain threat control and containment technologies for perimeter security in small and midsize networks.
• Describe secure connectivity strategies and technologies using VPNs, and configure site-to-site and remote access VPNs using Cisco IOS features
• Working knowledge of the Windows operating system.